Job Function –
Assists and supports the Branch Manager in the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office, including the areas of operations, lending, product sales, customer service, and security and safety in accordance with the Bank’s objectives. Performs supervisory duties in the absence of the Branch Manager. Provides leadership, training and supervision to branch personnel. Assists in attaining established Bank goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs.
Job Responsibilities –
Reinforces the application of superior customer service through example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
Conducts specific periodic meetings and presentations regarding customer service with staff members.
Develops new deposit and loan business, provides a superior level of customer relations and promotes the sales and service culture through effective coaching, guidance, and staff motivation.
Achieves individual goals while assisting the Branch Manager in attaining branch, region, and Bank sales goals through new business sales, referrals, and retention of customer relationships.
Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business prospects; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services; motivates and monitors staff in cross selling and product presentation compared to goals.
Investigates and follows up on significant changes in status of existing customers; meets with customers to discuss needs or concerns and outlines appropriate Bank products and services.
Assists the Branch Manager in ensuring the branch is organized, coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results.
Performs operational duties as directed by the Branch Manager to maintain compliance with regulatory guidelines (i.e., customer/branch research, monitoring completion of back office duties, reporting, etc.
Assists and relieves in various job functions of the branch as needed or required.
Assures audit compliance and procedure quality control and recommends and initiates corrective actions; ensures that the branch is in compliance with established Bank policies, procedures and state and federal regulations.
Maintains knowledge of security and safety policies and strictly adheres to established procedures; works closely with the Bank Security Officer to maintain an updated plan for the branch; ensures branch staff is properly trained and made aware of any changes to the branch’s plan and procedures.
Participates and directs day to day operations for the branch; approves large deposits and withdrawals; reviews and acts on daily reports; ensures the branch is maintained in a neat, clean and attractive manner; recommends redecoration or major repair or redesign of floor space as necessary.
Ensures effective communication to staff and implementation of all policy and procedure changes as approved by Senior Management; schedules and conducts any necessary training for staff.
Reviews NSF and overdraft reports for customers assigned within his or her portfolio; approves or declines such exceptions within established lending limits.
Ensures that own work is in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities –
• Must possess thorough understanding of all deposit accounts and other products and services offered by the bank.
• Must possess basic understanding of the loan application process.
• Must possess good interpersonal skills.
• Must possess ability to use good judgment and discretion.
• Must possess ability to learn new tasks and computer programs quickly and retain information.
• Must possess knowledge of standard office equipment including computer, ten key adding machine, typewriter, fax machine, scanner and copy machine
• Must possess knowledge of computers and computer operations MS Office software
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess good organizational skills
• Must possess ability to perform detailed tasks with accuracy
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements –
• Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
• Ability to operate a keyboard if required performing the essential job functions.
• Ability to read and interpret a document.
• Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions.
• Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 20 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence, omitting lifting as a physical requirement.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• 5 or more years Retail or related experience preferred.
• Previous supervisory experience preferred.