Job Function –
Prescreens and underwrites loan requests related to commercial real estate and commercial and industrial transactions. Recommends the approval and structure of proposed loans based on analysis of financial statements, tax returns, and other financial information relevant to the transaction.
Job Responsibilities –
Proactively and effectively manages and completes assignments in high production environment so that service level agreements and turn time targets are achieved on a consistent basis without sacrificing quality.
Reviews borrower financial statements, tax returns and other relevant financial information in order to perform cash flow and reserve analyses.
Reviews leases, rent rolls and operating statements for multi-family and commercial investment properties; compares property and occupancy and net operating income to comparable properties in the marketplace; and develops pro-forma cash flow statements.
Reviews title reports, appraisals, environmental site assessments, physical condition reports and other third party reports related to commercial properties offered as collateral in connection with loan requests.
Assess the location, physical condition, economic/investment viability, quality of management, and marketability of commercial real estate offered as collateral.
Reviews receivables aging reports, inventory reports, equipment valuations and other relevant documentation critical in analyzing a commercial and industrial loan request.
Assists in on-going covenant monitoring of commercial real estate and commercial and industrial loan requests including monitoring of borrowing bases and approving draws on asset-based lines of credit.
Reviews borrower organizational documents, credit reports, and other relevant documentation critical to a proper credit analysis.
Independently develops rationale for recommending approval or decline of loan requests.
Prepares written credit workbooks which include household summaries, loan summaries, transaction explanation, project and global cash flow analysis, guarantor analysis and credit recommendation.
Conducts periodic and scheduled reviews of loans and loan relationships in accordance with bank policy.
Assists loan officers in collection of updated tax returns, financial statements, and other relevant documentation required annually or to underwrite a new loan request.
Demonstrates behaviors which are aligned with the organization’s desired culture and values.
Ensures that own work is in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Skills and Abilities –
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Decision-making skills and sensitivity when dealing with confidential information.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Must possess knowledge of computers and computer operations MS Office software.
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must possess good organizational skills.
• Must possess ability to perform detailed tasks with accuracy.
• Must possess decision making skills.
• Must possess knowledge of standard office equipment including computer, ten key adding machine, typewriter, fax machine, scanner and copy machine.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements –
• Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
• Ability to operate a keyboard if required performing the essential job functions.
• Ability to read and interpret a document.
• Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions.
• Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 20 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence, omitting lifting as a physical requirement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related degree required.
• 3+ years of experience in commercial loan underwriting required.