Implements all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Compliance Program. Monitors compliance with state and federal Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and OFAC laws and regulations.
Job Responsibilities –
Performs initial reviews of new customers determined to be possible High Risk to the Bank as needed.
Performs scheduled EDD reviews of all customers admitted to the High Risk Customer Program.
Performs a scheduled review of Remote Deposit Capture items
Reviews Acquire reports (BSA/AML, Kiting. Fraud & OFAC), Official Check Reconciliation report, Monetary Instrument Logs, and Branch Logs daily.
Communicates with branch employees to ensure BSA accuracy and compliance.
Assist with the BSA and OFAC Risk Assessments by understanding, monitoring and incorporating the specific BSA/AML and OFAC risks and the Bank’s mitigating controls.
Investigates customers who alert on the daily Acquire reports/Prime Compliance alerts for possible suspicious activity as needed.
Serves as back-up and/or provides assistance on the duties listed below:
• Completes and verifies Currency Transaction Reports (CTR) daily and prepares the batch CTR file for submission to FinCEN weekly.
• Reviews incoming/outgoing Wire Transfer activity report as needed.
• Assists with processing the FinCEN 314(a) file as needed.
• Completes and performs a quality check of all SARs to be submitted to FinCEN as back up.
• Assists with the receipt and processing of Tax levies/Garnishments and Subpoenas for customer records and investigation of customer activity if warranted
Ensures that own work is in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities –
• Must possess extensive knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering/U.S. Patriot Act, OFAC Regulations
• Must possess general knowledge and understanding of bank deposit operations, lending activities, and other related consumer banking and compliance functions.
• Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently, as well as, collaboratively within a team environment
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, legal counsel, law enforcement, regulators and examiners while maintaining strict confidentiality
• Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel)
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements –
• Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
• Ability to operate a keyboard if required performing the essential job functions.
• Ability to read and interpret a document.
• Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions.
• Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 20 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence, omitting lifting as a physical requirement.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• 3+ year’s prior financial institution BSA compliance experience in developing and implementing BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC policies, programs and procedures required.
• BSA/AML Certifications preferred.