Job Function –
Performs routine and intermediate branch and customer services duties. Accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits, processes loan payments, cashes checks and savings withdrawals and assists with night depository duties. Promotes business by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
Job Responsibilities –
Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form, and issuing receipts.
Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances.
Confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits.
Makes decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing.
Assists with night depository duties to include such duties as logging bags, processing deposits, making change orders, issuing receipts and returning bags to customers.
May assist in opening/closing the vault daily and balancing vault currency and coin.
Promotes and cross-sells the Bank’s products and services by assisting customers in their selection to meet their needs while referring customers to appropriate staff as needed.
Establishes proper identification of new customers and determines need and extent of reference investigation.
Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being returned to the vault.
Answers telephones and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving problems within given authority.
Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access, assisting customers and processing affiliated reports.
Operates personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
Performs other such duties including but not limited to issuing official checks/traveler’s checks, receives/processing stop payment and hold orders, and accepting loan, installment and collection payments.
Ensures that own work is in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and guidelines.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities –
• Must be fully knowledgeable in the areas of teller, vault, safe deposit and branch operations,
• Ability to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced tellers and other staff members.
• Intermediate experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services.
• Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
• Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; host computer system; and word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs.
• Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
• Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and speak clearly to customers and employees.
• Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements –
• Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
• Ability to operate a keyboard if required performing the essential job functions.
• Ability to read and interpret a document.
• Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions.
• Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 20 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence, omitting lifting as a physical requirement.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• 1+ year prior banking experience preferably in cash handling and customer service environment required.